Community Voices Interpretation Services
Community Voice Interpretation Services is a program of VNS of Iowa, specializing in interpretation and translation services. Our interpreters speak more than 20 languages and dialects, including Spanish, Burmese, Chin, Karen, Somali and Arabic. Our interpreters serve as a gateway for non-English speaking clients, helping them access available services and resources. They help Iowa's refugee and immigrant population survive and thrive.
We have developed a reputation for hard work, dedication, honesty, and integrity. Our highly trained interpreters are here to bridge the gap in the area of linguistics. We provide interpretation in the professional field of social work, healthcare, legal, and education. We strive to provide interpretation and translation services to our growing refugee immigration population as our local demographics continue to become more diverse.
Our goal is to continue to grow and set the bar for the interpretation and translation profession.
Benefits to choosing VNS of Iowa's Community Voices is that all our interpreters must pass language proficiency test in English and their native tongue prior to being offered a position in our organization. Once they are part of the organization, the staff will be trained as Mandatory Reporter of Child and Adult Abuse as well as offered continuous training in the healthcare and human service field.
Helping Organizations & Businesses
Community Voices can help your organization or business improve client satisfaction, workflow efficiencies and billing opportunities as you work with clients who have communication barriers. Our carefully recruited interpreters have intimate, first-hand knowledge of not only the cultures within communities but also the struggles and challenges families face when resettling in the U.S.
- are native speakers with in-depth language and cultural knowledge
- have a solid understanding in how to access community health and human service programs
- are immersed in their community and are able to help your clients - from newly arrived families to those who are well on their way to an independent lifestyle
- are empathetic and compassionate, desiring the best outcomes for each client
If you would like to request an interpreter via fax, please fax the request form to 515-288-0437. All incoming faxes are secured and maintained confidential. If you wish, you may also email the request by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not a client and would like to become one, please send us via fax (515-288-0437) or email (email@example.com) the below request form. You will receive a call or an email within one (1) business day from receipt of the form. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 515-557-9008.
New Client Request Form
VNS Community Voices assists industries in the healthcare, legal, human service and education field. Our teams of interpreters strictly follow the federal guidelines by adhering to the Health and Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Medical Interpreting Standards of Practice as endorsed by the National Council on Interpretation in Health Care (NCIHC), and Code of Ethical behavior.
We have a minimum of 15 linguists available to translate, edit, and proofread flawless translations. Document translation includes all forms of textual or graphic translations with the exceptions of emails. Examples include:
- Public relations – brochures, flyers, press releases, pamphlets, signs, etc.
- Business- notices to vacate property, etc.
- Medical – medical instructions, signs, HIPAA regulations, etc.
- Educational- posters, event brochures, school function flyers, teacher/parent letters, Individualized Education Program (IEP)- LIMITED LANGUAGES FOR IEP TRANSLATIONS
Lifecycle of a translation project:
- Quote – document is sent via email in a Word file. The project will then be evaluated and a quote will be submitted to petitioner within a week for approval.
- Project Manager assignment- Once we receive a statement that the quote has been accepted, a project manager is assigned to oversee the project.
- Translator assigned-a suitable linguist will be assigned in which he or she will meet the specific needs of the project.
- Editing, formatting, and proofing – once the translation is completed, it will be handed to another linguist to edit, proofread, and format the document for final review from Project Manager.
- Delivery - Document will then be delivered to the client.
Because document translation is a multi-step process and utilizes online management tools, please allow appropriate time to deliver. We will keep you involved in the process until the document is finalized and ready to be delivered.
Languages Available for Onsite Face-to-Face Interpretation
For more information on our services, please call Community Voices at (515) 557-9008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.