As a non-profit organization, Visiting Nurse Services of Iowa is always looking for helping hands. Click on the links below to learn more about volunteering opportunities.
Volunteers support important projects at VNS of Iowa including hosting baby showers for mothers in need, performing office tasks, assisting with special events, helping to promote our services through public speaking, wrapping gifts for families during the holidays, helping with home improvement projects for the elderly and more.
Interested in volunteering? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Senior Companion volunteers are seniors who offer help and support to homebound seniors and earn a modest income for their time and compassion. Call (515) 558-9957 for more information.
- Storybook Project volunteers help incarcerated parents and their children stay connected through reading. To learn more, call (515) 288-1516 and ask for information about volunteering for Storybook Project.
- Stork's Nest volunteers host baby showers to help stock baby items for the Stork's Nest shelves. Contact the Stork's Nest at (515) 558-9950 to learn how you can help. Click here to view our Stork’s Nest Wish List.
Looking for other options? Visit our corporate and individual activities page.
Our community partner and fellow non-profit, HCI Care Services, seeks volunteers for:
- HCI Hospice Care Services volunteers support the hospice mission by providing companionship and care to hospice patients, running errands/providing transportation, offering support to Veterans in hospice care, caring for patients' pets and recording books read by patients as keepsakes for their families. Email email@example.com for more information.
- HCI Giving Tree thrift store volunteers help sort donations, clean and prepare items to be sold at the store, and assist shoppers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Looking for other volunteer opportunities? Email email@example.com, and let us know how you'd like to help!